We started doing thorough research on Mongolian Ger in 2012 and introduced a buildable small souvenir Mongol ger with brand name NAAD in 2016. In addition, I have had experience of assembling and disassembling Mongol ger from my childhood. With the experience and new idea, I’ve been developing GerTent as a travel tent since 2018.
And now it is ready to be introduced into the market.
The Mongolian Ger is a portable shelter with a unique architectural structure that was introduced 3,000 years ago for easy transportation with quick assembly and disassembly process.
It is a sturdy structure with round shape which provides comfortable living space. Because supporting posts along with wooden joints and ropes create a strong structure, Mongolian Ger can be used throughout four seasons with additional felt insulation.
Mongolian ger construction sequence
We are introducing you a brand –new travel product GERTENT that has the best features of both Mongol ger and modern tent. It offers comfortable living space that is round and strong stability of Mongol ger and simple portability of modern tent.
During our travel in 2017, we’ve experienced a powerful rainstorm that flattened our tent with water flooding and strong wind which forced us to spend the night in a nearby nomad’s ger and wait for the storm to pass. Mongolia has four seasons with extreme weather conditions. Because of the steppes and flat landscape, it is no surprise to have strong wind blow. However, the Mongolian Ger we stayed in didn’t have any issues due to its structure and round shape. From that night, we’ve decided to create a travel tent that is as sturdy and comfortable as Mongolian ger.
First sketch by hand
First prototype of all parts
Making prototype frame and all parts by myself
Sewing first outer cover design
First prototype is ready. It is 3 m diameter.
In Shanghai factory. Testing aluminum parts
In Tianjin factory. Final design ckecking
Final prototype GerTent basic model
Summer, Autumn test
Show room is ready!
Quality results with us
1. Developed on the existing sturdy Mongolian ger architectural design
2. Ease of transportation. It will fit in any vehicle.
3. Assembled in 15 minutes, disassembled in 10 minutes.
4. Usable in winter, spring, summer, and autumn. 4 seasons.
5. Successfully passed water and wind tests.
6. The round shape allows for optimal air ventilation and even distribution of heat.
7. There are sleeping area and additional entrance area with four possible doors to the structure. Additional roof cover which can be used as a separate shed.
8. It is possible to interconnect the GerTents and the sleeping tents.
OVOO Camping LLC develops and offers innovative outdoor recreation products and camping services, especially camping gear, camping ground and travel application.
#201, 2nd floor, MARGAD Center, 25th khoroo, Bayanzurkh district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Phone: (+976) 7711-8844
© Copyright 2019-2021 OVOO Camping LLC All rights reserved